0.8mm Gasless MIG Wire – SIFMIG Flux Cored Welding Wire
- SIFMIG Gasless MIG Wire
- Self shielding
- 4.55kg – 0.8mm
MILD STEEL MIG WELDING WIRE
Mild steel is perhaps the most commonly encountered material in welding. It is a good choice as a first material when beginning to weld. Mild steel is inexpensive compared to other materials, so to is the filler wire used.
The most popular MIG wire type for mild steel is A18. A18 is a copper coated double-deoxidised mild steel MIG wire for welding unalloyed and low-alloyed mild and medium tensile steels, for impact toughness down to -20C. Manufactured with a high-quality copper finish for improved feeding. Precision layer wound. A 15kg MIG wire spool is suitable for the larger industrial MIGs such as the larger MIG welders in the Jasic and Cebora ranges and all Oxford and TecArc (non inverter) MIGs. Smaller compact MIGs take 5kg spools.
Mild steel MIG welding tips:
- A standard steel liner can be used
- Steel MIG wire is less likely to birds nest than softer MIG wires such as Aluminium.
- Contact tips should be used of the same size as the wire being used.
- 75% argon and 25% carbon dioxide mix is probably the best shielding gas to use. It produces the least amount of spatter, results in a nice weld appearance and helps to prevent burn through of thin steels.
- 100% CO2 can be used. It burns hotter than the argon mix and can result in increased spatter, deeper penetration and rougher looking weld beads.