GYS GYSMI E163 PULSE MMA INVERTER WELDER KIT
A feature packed stick welder, the GYS GYSMI E163 comes ready to go with a set of welding leads and a carry case. Pulsed MMA functionality makes vertical welding easier. A DC welding power source, the GYS E163 can weld all types of electrodes, rutile coated, basic, stainless and cast iron up to 4.0mm. Weighing just 3.7kg its a very portable unit for mobile welding.
Front panel controls are easy to use and completely sealed to prevent dust ingress. A digital meter clearly shows welding amperage.
Capable of material thicknesses up to 10mm and duty cycles of of 60% @ 160A possible (6 minutes out of 10 at full power).
This little arc welder also benefits from features seen on more expensive machines:
Arc Force: Instantaneous increase in welding current in difficult welding conditions
Anti Sticking: Allows easier arc starting and helps prevent rod sticking to the material.
Adjustable Hot Start: Makes it easier to arc with any type of metal (Low Hot Start: for thin metal sheets; High Hot Start: for metals that are difficult to weld such as dirty or oxidized metal sheets)
LIFT TIG FUNCTIONALITY:
Can be used for TIG welding (TIG lift start) when fitted with a TIG torch with valve (please select from dropdown above if you would like to purchase)
- The arc is created by touching the metal with the tungsten electrode – avoiding tungsten inclusions and radio electrical disturbances.
- Machine senses torch touching the workpiece and lowers voltage until the arc is established, raising it for welding.
- Automatic arc release: This innovative function allows the operator to finish the weld without creating craters. The time is adjustable and the function is activated by a movement of the torch.
GYSMI 160E FEATURES:
- Immediate start due to a high no load voltage. Makes arc starting easier.
- Constant welding power
- Very smooth melting of welding rods with DC current
- Excellent arc stability and good penetration.
- Suitable for use with generators +/- 15% (Automatic voltage regulation recommended)
- 2m electrode holder lead and 1.6m work return lead
- European made (France)
- Lift TIG capability
- 2 Year warranty
|Model||GYS GYSMI 160E|
|Duty cycle @ 60% (20ºC)||160A|
|Min generator size||7.5kVA|
|Electrode size for MMA||1.6 – 4.0mm|
|Dimensions||250 x 190 x 134mm|
|Dinse plug size||10 – 25|
GYS are a French family firm started in 1964. Having now expanded internationally, they have a large UK base in Rugby, UK which looks after warranty issues and distribution.
To purchase a TIG torch for this machine, please select from the dropdown menu above. TIG torch is supplied as a 2 part cable with dinse connector and 3/8″ BSP gas hose connector. Note that the torch gas control is via a valve on the torch handle unlike on dedicated TIG machines with a gas solenoid.