GYS PROGYS 183 MMA INVERTER WELDER KIT
Equipped with the latest electronic technology and designed to be robust and durable, the PROGYS 183 E will deliver professional welding results on steel, cast iron and stainless steel up to 10 mm. It is designed to perform 3 types of welding process MMA, Pulse MMA and LIFT TIG. The very soft fusion point ensures a perfect finish.
Intuitive control panel with digital display
Choice between LIFT TIG or MMA modes (standard or pulse).
Welding power range (10 >180 A).
Sealed panel prevents dust and moisture ingress
Benefitting from the following features:
Arc Force: Instantaneous increase in welding current in difficult welding conditions
Anti Sticking: Allows easier arc starting and helps prevent rod sticking to the material.
Hot Start: For easy arc ignition
GYS PROGYS 183 FEATURES:
- Immediate start due to a high no load voltage. Makes arc starting easier.
- Constant welding power
- Very smooth melting of welding rods with DC current
- Excellent arc stability and good penetration.
- High duty cycle enabling intensive use on Ø 3.2 mm
- MMA Pulse for ease of ascending vertical welding with optional frequency adjustment.
- Lift TIG Capability – Easier start to ensure perfect quality welding bead. A simple movement of the wrist starts the automatic downslope to ensure a smooth and clean welding finish.
- Optimised machine cooling with thermal protection
- 2 different fan cooling speed options to choose from (during welding or not)
- Protected against overcurrent.
- Suitable for use with generators +/- 15% (Automatic voltage regulation recommended)
- 2m electrode holder lead and 1.6m work return lead
- European made (France)
- 2 Year warranty
|Model||GYS PROGYS 183|
|Duty cycle @ 78% (20ºC)||160A|
|Input fuse||16A 230V|
|Min generator size||10kVA|
|Electrode size for MMA||1.6 – 4.0mm|
|Dimensions||140 x 190 x 280mm|
|Dinse plug size||10 – 25|
GYS are a French family firm started in 1964. Having now expanded internationally, they have a large UK base in Rugby, UK which looks after warranty issues and distribution.
To purchase a TIG torch for this machine, please select from the dropdown menu above. TIG torch is supplied as a 2 part cable with dinse connector and 3/8″ BSP gas hose connector. Note that the torch gas control is via a valve on the torch handle unlike on dedicated TIG machines with a gas solenoid.