GYS TIG 168 DC TIG WELDING PACKAGE
A single phase multi function inverter, the GYS TIG 168 features high frequency start for TIG welding as well as being capable of MMA (stick welding). Supplied as a kit containing a genuine Binzel® SR17DB TIG torch, spare consumables, earth clamp and lead for stick welding making it a perfect package for someone starting out.
Ideal for professional and quality hobby TIG welding of mild and stainless steels.
The GYS TIG 168 is an inverter welder from the GYS professional range providing 160 amps DC welding current. A multi function machine also capable to MMA weld steel, stainless steel, cast iron, rutile or basic electrodes.
Microprocessor controlled, the TIG 168 has an intuitive digital control panel for easy setting of welding parameters. A memory capability allows the user to store up to 5 pre-set programs, great for easy re-call of previously used settings.
Arc starting in TIG:
- High frequency start to begin welding without touching the tungsten to the workpiece for an uncontaminated start
- LIFT TIG – In situations where nearby electrically sensitive equipment is present (ie welding modern cars). Touch the tungsten electrode on the workpiece and lift to start the arc.
Adjust Ideal Position
- This feature allows the user to begin the weld while the machine will initiate the arc at a very low current. This low current acts like a beam of light to allow the user to adjust positioning before the welder increases the amperage to the pre-defined setting.
- 2T – Press the torch button to begin and release to finish the weld.
- 4T – Press torch button to start and press again to finish the weld.
- 4T Log – Enables switching between 2 operator pre-set welding intensities (hot current and cold current) by a short press on the trigger.
3 TIG Processes
- Pre-gas, Up slope, Current (1 or 2 possible current settings in 4T Log mode), Post-gas, Down slope
- Easy Pulse mode: the operator sets the average welding current whilst the unit will automatically control the frequency and the hot and cold current.
- Normal mode : the operator adjusts the hot and cold current and the frequency (0.2 HZ to 20 HZ).
- Enables the user to prepare parts with spot welding.
Package Includes: Inverter power source, 4m WP17 Abicor Binzel SR 17 DB Tig torch, 2m MMA electrode holder lead, 2m earth return lead, consumables box (spare back caps, ceramics, collets and collet bodies), operating instructions.
Not Included: Regulator, Mains plug, Electrodes, Shielding gas, Filler wire, PPE (Welding helmet, gloves, etc) – Available from TBWS – please ask. Many of the TIG consumables suitable for this machine are listed below.
|50 / 60HZ||Supply||TIG DC||MMA||Duty Cycle||Dinse connector size||Dimensions / Weight||Generator requirements|
|230V||16A||10 – 160A||10 – 160A||100A @60%||35 – 50||14 x 30 x 37 / 9kg||7.5kVA|