OXFORD I-MIG 470 COMPACT MIG WELDER
CALL NOW FOR BEST PRICES 01276 505012
The Oxford I-MIG 470 is a 470A, 3 phase step regulated MIG welder made by British welding machine manufacturer Oxford. Oxford herald this machine as possibly the most powerful compact MIG available. Ideal for everything from sheet metal work to heavy duty fabrication.
The Oxford I-MIG range are the most heavy duty MIG welding sets in the Oxford range. Copper wound transformers, rugged switch gear, over rated rectifiers and double fan cooling are all built into a strong 2mm steel chassis. Preferred by some, a transformer based machine arguably provides very long life spans and great reliability.
Industrial compact MIG welders complete with 4 roll drive.
- British Made
- Heavy duty easy access wire spool holder for 15kg or 5kg MIG wire reels – a mechanical brake prevents overrun
- Robust gas bottle carrier, holder and chain suitable for all bottle sizes
- MIG welding possible of Aluminium, mild steel and stainless steel
- Easy MIG wire loading – accessible just under the lid. Simple
- Oxford Cap + technology – Very smooth weld conditions on all materials, steel, stainless steel and aluminium etc.
- Infinitely variable wire feed speed, built in electronic motor brake and burn back
- All metal geared wire drive system ensures perfect wire feeding of all sizes and types of wire
- Simple PCB – Robust for everyday use. Controls all functions including super smooth motor speed variability, motor braking and burn back control
- Good range of carefully selected voltage steps – Perfect settings for every job.
- Efficient Oxford design – Low power consumption and decreased running costs.
- Supplied on wheels and casters – perfect for manoeuvrability around the work shop
- Industry standard euro connector with all brass construction – use your favourite torch.
- Built to comply with BS EN60974-1, BS EN50199, RoHS directive, & CE marked.
There has never been a better time to buy British! With the weak British £ Oxford machines are more competitive than any similar quality imported machine & with the OXFORD long term back up buying British has to be the wise choice.
Rugged reliable compact MIG machines with simple no nonsense controls. Great welding performance, simple build & easy maintainance, everything you want from a machine designed to weld & nothing you dont want. 1000’s sold over the last few years!
SUPPLIED AS STANDARD WITH 3M MAINS LEAD, 3M EARTH RETURN LEAD, MIG TORCH AND REGULATOR
- Upgrade to digital meters
- Calibration to EN1090
- Upgrade to include spot timer function
- Upgrade to include reverse polarity function
- Trigger latching
- Spool guns for Aluminium welding
- Push Pull torches for Aluminium welding
All Oxford welding machines are offered with the following guarantees:
2 year warranty all items – except torch and regulator.
5 year main transformer warranty (the heart of the machine)
20 year minimum guarantee of spares availability
Size approx. 660mm H x 360mm W + rear wheels x 820mm long.
|Model||Oxford I-MIG 470 – Three phase|
|Duty cycle @ 60%||410A|
|Duty cycle @ 35%||470A|
|Input fuse (slow blow)||32A|
|Welding wire||0.6 – 1.6mm|
|Min. Generator Size||12 kVA*|
* Note the input fuse size on single phase models is a result of Oxfords calculations & tests, it is possible to use any of these models on a lower fuse size at lower welding power. It is recommended always using a ‘D’ type circuit breaker to avoid intermittant tripping & in some instances you may experience intermittant tripping if using close to maximum settings. *The min KVA rating quoted is for up to 3/4 power output, to achieve max output we suggest increase KVA by 40%.
Why accept an imported machine when you can buy a top quality British made machine for a similar price?
Please note: Oxford machines are built to order and may take 7 – 14 working days from order to be built and dispatched. If you place an order online, one of sales team will be in touch to confirm delivery time scales. Also note our returns policy for these machines on our terms and conditions page.