WELTEK KAPIO MATT BLACK S3 AIR FED WELDING HELMET
Call Now For Best Prices 01276 505012
The Weltek Kapio S3 air fed welding and grinding system comes complete with the Kapio auto darkening helmet and the Airkos blower unit. The blower unit sucks in air, filters it using replaceable, disposable filters and blows clean air over the welders head and onto their face. This wafting of air provides a positive air flow ensuring that welding fumes and grinding dust do not enter the mask.
Air fed helmets, also referred to as PAPR welding helmets (Powered air purifying respirators) are worthwhile investments to provide both eye and respiratory protection from the light and fumes associated with welding and grinding. The Kapio S3 comes in a stylish and durable matt black. With a simple switch it is possible to switch from standard air flow to increased. This is a nice feature if working on a particularly fume emitting material or on hot summer days!
The optical class of the Kapio S3 is up there with the best, scoring 1/1/1/2. That’s top marks for most ranking factors.
KAPIO AUTO DARKENING HELMET
- The Kapio S3 incorporates a polyvalent autodarkening filter.
- The excellent ergonomics provides perfect protection of the forehead, the ears and the neck, while keeping the weight at 460g.
- The Kapio S3 is equipped with the longitudinal headgear with 4 settings: height, width, angle, and longitudinal adjustment for welders operating with corrective glasses.
- The S3 auto darkening filter offers a large 100x50mm viewing area with a perfect vision of the fusion during welding thanks to excellent 1/1/1/2 optical classes.
- The 2 arc sensors are associated to a very fast switching speed of 0,3ms for a flawless detection of the welding arc, with all welding processes: electrodes, MIG/MAG, TIG.
- Stepless knobs allow the welder to select the welding shade (from DIN 4 and 9 to 13), to adapt the sensitivity of the 2 arc sensors, and to adjust the delay according to the welding application.
- Fully Variable Shades: DIN 4 and 9-13
- Viewing Area: 100 x 50mm
- Optical Classes: 1/1/1/2
- Power: Solar
- Controls: Stepless
- Sensitivity & Delay: Yes
- Grinding: No
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Conforms to EN166B, 175B, 379
AIRKOS BLOWER UNIT
When associated to the Airkos®, the Kapio® S3 helmet provides the filtration of Solid and Liquid Particules (PSL). The bolted and flame retardant face seal guarantees a limited TH2 inward leakage inside the headtop. The main filter on the Airkos® is classified as re-usable (PRSL), and does not need to be replaced after every shift. The visual and sound alarm will inform the operator when to replace the filter.
The PRSL filter of the Airkos® is equipped with a pre-filter, blocking the largest particles and extending the lifecycle of the main filter. As an option, a pre-filter with active charcoals is available.
The Airkos® blower unit (PAPR) is approved and certified according to the EN 12941 standard, with and only with the Kapio® headtop.
Completing the alarm for the clogged filter, the filtration unit is also equipped with a distinctive alarm for the battery, informing the operator when the charge is running low.
The Airkos® is delivered with a standard 4-cell Lithium-ion battery. A heavy-duty battery with 6 Lithium-ion cells is also available.
When equipped with the standard battery (Part Number CR7020), the Airkos® can provide up to 10 hours of operating time (with a new filter and on minimum airflow).
Once equipped with the heavy-duty battery (Part Number CR7021), the Airkos® offers up to 15 hours, under the same conditions.
According to the welding application, the close environment and the operator’s habits, it is possible to select between 2 airflows on the Airkos®. 180l/m is the minimum airflow. With a simple push on the control knob, the unit increases the airflow to 220l/m.A very large and padded belt provides an excellent comfort and a perfect support of the blower unit. As options, a padded harness and/or a belt extension are available to complete the existing belt.
Each Kapio® Airkos is delivered with its own storage bag. The Airkos® storage bag is perfect for transport and stock of buffer spare parts.
AIRKOS UNIT KEY FEATURES:
- 2 Airflow Speeds 180 & 220 litres per minute
- Audible and Visual Clogged Filter Alarm
- Audible and Visual Low Battery Alarm
- Rechargable 4 Cell Lithium-ion Battery with 10 hours running time supplied as standard
- Airkos Supplies with Main Filter and Pre Filter
- Filtration: PRSLTH2
- Conforms to EN12941
- Weight: 1.18
- 1 Year Warranty (Lithium-ion Battery now also has a 12 month warranty)
TBWS are also able to provide all necessary spares for the Weltek range of helmets and air feeder systems. Please call for pricing and availability.