WELTEK KAPIO S4 AUTO DARKENING TRUE COLOUR AIR FED WELDING HELMET – WITH SIDE VISION
The Weltek Kapio S4 Air fed welding and grinding system comes complete with the Kapio red side vision S4 auto darkening helmet and the Airkos blower unit to provide clean air during the welding or grinding process. All Kapio S4 welding helmets now come with true colour vision ADF filters – meaning the user experiences a better view of the weld puddle. Whilst non true colour filters give a green tinged view, the true colour filter gives almost a naked eye view through the lense.
Air fed helmets are worthwhile investments to provide both eye and respiratory protection from the light and fumes associated with welding and grinding. The side vision provides 160º of peripheral vision, reducing that claustrophobic feeling and increasing safety in the work place. A handy bag is also included to keep your air fed system clean, protected and easily transportable.
The Kapio S4 has a grinding function which turns the auto darkening lens to DIN 4 for grinding applications. If a full face grinding visor with flip up welding helmet would better suit your requirements, see the Weltek Navitek helmet.
KAPIO SIDE VISION S4 AUTO DARKENING HELMET
The Kapio S4 combines several key functions:
- The excellent ergonomics provides perfect protection of the forehead, the ears and the neck, while keeping the weight under 460g.
- Equipped with side vision in shade DIN 5 , the Kapio® provides a 160° vision to the welder, for improved safety and advanced comfort. These side vision are made out of transparent shade DIN 5 polycarbonate.
- The Kapio® S4 is equipped with the longitudinal headgear with 4 settings: height, width, angle, and longitudinal adjustment for welders operating with corrective glasses.
- The 4 arc sensors are associated to a very fast switching speed of 0,2ms for a flawless detection of the welding arc, with all welding processes.
- With excellent 1/1/1/2 optical classes, the liquid crystals of the S4 provide a perfect vision of the fusion during welding.
- Inside stepless knobs allow the welder to select the welding shade (from DIN 9 to DIN 13), to adapt the sensitivity of the 4 arc sensors, and to adjust the delay according to the welding application.
- The Kapio® shell and all its polycarbonates are certified for grinding with the specific norms EN 166 B and EN 175 B. When selecting the Grind mode, all 4 arc sensors become deactivated and the GRIND LED flashes. The operator is then able to grind with a clear shade DIN 4.
- Dark Shade: DIN 9-13
- Clear Shade: DIN 4
- Switching Speed: 0.2ms
- Arc Sensors: 4
- Viewing Area: 93 x 43mm
- 160º degree side vision
- Optical Classes: 1/1/1/2
- Technology: Twisted Nematic
- Power: Solar
- Controls: Stepless
- Sensitivity & Delay: Yes
- Grinding: Yes – EN175B
- Total Weight: 458g
- Warranty: 2 Years
- Conforms to EN166B, 175B, 379
AIRKOS BLOWER UNIT
When associated to the Airkos®, the Navitek® S4 helmet provides the filtration of Solid and Liquid Particules (PSL). The bolted and flame retardant face seal guarantees a limited TH2 inward leakage inside the headtop. The main filter on the Airkos® is classified as re-usable (PRSL), and does not need to be replaced after every shift. The visual and sound alarm will inform the operator when to replace the filter.
The PRSL filter of the Airkos® is equipped with a pre-filter, blocking the largest particles and extending the lifecycle of the main filter. As an option, a pre-filter with active charcoals is available.
The Airkos® blower unit (PAPR) is approved and certified according to the EN 12941 standard, with and only with the Navitek® headtop.
Completing the alarm for the clogged filter, the filtration unit is also equipped with a distinctive alarm for the battery, informing the operator when the charge is running low.
The Airkos® is delivered with a standard 4-cell Lithium-ion battery. A heavy-duty battery with 6 Lithium-ion cells is also available. When equipped with the standard battery (Part Number CR7020), the Airkos® can provide up to 10 hours of operating time (with a new filter and on minimum airflow). Once equipped with the heavy-duty battery (Part Number CR7021), the Airkos® offers up to 15 hours, under the same conditions.
According to the welding application, the close environment and the operator’s habits, it is possible to select between 2 airflows on the Airkos®. 180l/m is the minimum airflow. With a simple push on the control knob, the unit increases the airflow to 220l/m.
A very large and padded belt provides an excellent comfort and a perfect support of the blower unit. As options, a padded harness and/or a belt extension are available to complete the existing belt.
Each Navitek® S4 Airkos is delivered with its own storage bag. The Airkos® storage bag is perfect for transport and stock of buffer spare parts.
AIRKOS UNIT KEY FEATURES:
- 2 Airflow Speeds 180 & 220 litres per minute
- Audible and Visual Clogged Filter Alarm
- Audible and Visual Low Battery Alarm
- Rechargable 4 Cell Lithium-ion Battery with 10 hours running time supplied as standard
- Airkos Supplies with Main Filter and Pre Filter
- Filtration: PRSLTH2
- Conforms to EN12941
- Weight: 1.18
- 1 Year Warranty (Lithium-ion Battery now also has a 12 month warranty)
TBWS are also able to provide all necessary spares for the Weltek range of helmets and air feeder systems. See the similar item section below which shows popular spares for the Kapio helmet